How to use bmy.guide?
Login & register
How to register on bmy.guide?
Register on bmy.guide using the link:https://bmy.guide/register
How to login on bmy.guide?
Login with an existing account using the link:https://bmy.guide/login
What to search on bmy.guide?
bmy.guide is a Search Engine for locations and natural environment, based on a fully-fledged Social Network, that allows travellers to easily connect with other travellers, find and discover amazing destinations, restaurants, suitable accommodation, great places to visit and activities.
As a traveller, you may search and find anything related to travel: trips, destinations, accommodation, reviews, places, countries, cities or great travel stories.
How to Search on bmy.guide?
Searching on bmy.guide is pretty easy. Just open the main page of the platform (The Guideline) and type what you are interested in finding into the search box.
As you type, you may see posts begin to appear below the search box. Those represent related results of your search arranged according to the total number of flaps received.
Make a post
How to make a post on bmy.guide?
- Upload an Image, a Video or a GIF by clicking on the image in the centre.
- Use the to add text to your postcard and create a Journal, a Review or a Story.
- Add a Title for your postcard, to describe better what your experience is about.
- Add a Location for your postcard. The location will help us send your postcard to the place it belongs to.
You can also:
- Add one or more images or videos in the body of your postcard using the
- Add additional text to your postcard using the button
- Add Tags to your postcard.
- Rate your experience from Very Bad to Perfect. Rating your experience is the quickest way you can give feedback to a location or activity you are posting about.
- Click on the left side of the ‘Make a Post’ section
- You can also Save as Draft if you wish to continue editing your postcard later. You can easily find your Drafts in Dashboard ->My Posts -> Drafts section
JOURNALS, STORIES, REVIEWS
How to post a Journal, a Story or a Review on bmy.guide?
To create a Journal entry, click the button in the top right.
You may extend your post to a full journal entry by adding blocks of text, images or videos. To do so, click on the icons add icons placed near the add section, below the main body of your post. Such entries are considered journal entries. They can be published instantly or saved as drafts to be edited later.
How to review or edit my content?
This functionality can be accessed at all times via your user Dashboard -> My Posts here:https://bmy.guide/dashboard/posts
How to Flap for a post on bmy.guide?
Simply click the icon situated on the right of every post. As a Guider you have the power and responsibility to Flap for other Guiders' posts: journals, stories, reviews or postcards. Flaps are automatically attributed to the Guider who created the postcard and to the location the postcard belongs to. This is how our platform works, is simple as that!
RATE YOUR EXPERIENCE
What is Rate your experience on bmy.guide?
Rate your experience is the quickest and the simplest way you can give a feedback. You may rate your experience from 1 to 5 Stars, each one showing a different level of satisfaction.
How to Rate your experience on bmy.guide?
- Giving a feedback for a location (including Country, City, Region).
- Reviewing the experience you’ve had at a hotel, a restaurant, a visited place or activity you have done.
- Rate your experience is situated on the left side of ‘Make a Post’ Section on bmy.guide
- Drag the arrow to the right, from 1 to 5 stars.
CHAT & MESSAGES
How do I join a chat on bmy.guide?
Chat feature on bmy.guide allows you to:
- Privately and securely chat with any user of the bmy.guide platform. To start a private chat, go on the user’s profile page and click button,situated on the top right side. In order to start a conversation, the user you are trying to connect with must approve your message request.
Create a Group for sharing experiences and useful travel information. You can create a group by opening the main chat window, click on Groups -> Create a Group
- Join any page public chat to find relevant information about that particular place from travellers just like you.
Check the latest messages. Open the Chat Box
situated on the top right corner.
- See all messages in the full chat menu.
bmy.guide creates Public Chats for all the public pages available on the platform. If a public chat doesn't exist, be the first to make a post from the that location, wait for it to show up on the platform and the chat will simply appear along with.
How to add Tags on bmy.guide?
To add Tags on a new postcard on bmy.guide, simply go on the left side of the 'Make a Post' section, enter the words or phrases (without # mark) and press Enter after each word or phrase.
How do Tags work on bmy.guide?
A Tag or a Hashtag is a word or a phrase used while posting a postcard, to identify a keyword or topic of interest and facilitate a search for it. Whenever a user adds a hashtag to their post, it's able to be indexed by the social network and becomes searchable/discoverable by other users.